Trinity Church’s diverse community is about 15 miles from the Pacific Ocean. The church sits atop a hill with a panoramic view of surrounding valleys and hills where the cities of La Mesa, Lemon Grove, and Spring Valley meet. Single-family homes surround our property and down the hill are many apartment buildings. A small military housing complex is nearby. The community surrounding Trinity Church is both multiethnic and socioeconomically diverse.
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28.19-20
1. Inviting people to “come and see” Jesus, to trust him as Savior, and to follow him as Lord.
2. Enabling people to be transformed to the likeness of Jesus and to live a Christ-like life in the power of the Holy Spirit.
3. Equipping and deploying people into service in the church, the community, and the world.
1. Experiencing the presence of God in joyous worship.
2. Building faith and lives upon the Word of God.
3. Welcoming and accepting of all people.
4. Giving generously of our time, energy, abilities, and financial resources.
5. Conveying the love of God to our community through words and acts of service.
1. Connecting in meaningful fellowship.
2. Developing loving relationships, reconciling broken relationships, and speaking the truth in love.
3. Using spiritual gifts to build the Body of Christ.
4. Serving together in the church and community.
1. Knowing and enjoying God forever through trust in Jesus as Savior and Lord.
2. Turning from all things that would hinder full participation in the Kingdom of God
(God’s rule in us and in this world).
3. Being guided in faith and life by the Bible - God’s written word.
4. Being empowered and led by the Spirit of God.
5. Appreciating the strengths of our Presbyterian roots.